The problem: I can’t import photos from my iPhone to my Windows PC. Every time I do it, there is a popup that says “Error Copying File or Folder. A Device Attached to The System is Not Functioning.”
Is there a solution? Yes!
This error occurs when your Windows computer is having a hard time communicating with your iPhone. It could be that the connection between the two devices has been interrupted.
Solution #1: General fixes
- Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and re-connect it. Pay attention to your battery icon; is it getting charged? If not, the lighting cable is not working. Find a different lighting cable before connecting to the USB port again.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Shut Down. You should also restart your computer.
Solution #2: Modify Photos Settings
- Tap to open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Photos.
- Under Transfer to Mac or PC, select Keep Originals.
- Now you can try to import the photos again.