I love my Apple Watch for tracking my fitness and daily activity. Except when I am left wondering how to fix apple watch activity not showing up the way it should when I open the Activity app on my iPhone.
When the Apple Watch activity tracker is working correctly it will automatically track your daily movements.
Similar to other fitness tracking apps, except this is native to the iPhone and created specifically for the Apple Watch.
With the help of the activity tracker and the Activity application you can do some really neat things like:
- Stay on top of your daily / weekly / monthly fitness progress
- Set up notifications to keep you on your toes (literally)
- Create and meet specific health goals
- Share your activity level with friends and family
- Challenge others in weekly fitness challenges and see who gets the most points
This is all great when it is working exactly as expected!
Every once in a while though, there will be a delay in data between the Activity app on my Apple Watch and iPhone.
Other times, my activity may not show up in the app at all!
In other words, each app is giving a different progress and update. Sometimes one device provides the most accurate steps and movements while the other still stuck on yesterday’s report.
Since you are here, I know you are also having some trouble getting your Apple Watch to sync properly with the Activity App on your phone.
This guide will walk you through some of the ways you can get your activity showing up correctly again.
I will cover the following Activity App issues you may be facing:
- Activity on Apple Watch is Different From Activity App
- Apple Watch Not Tracking Steps and/or Workouts
- Activity Awards Are Not Showing Up or Displaying Correctly
After doing some digging and trying out various methods, here are a few of my best solutions to fix the problem.
2 Ways To Manually Fix Apple Watch Activity To Sync Your Activity To iPhone
Turn Both Devices Off And Reconnect
When I need to fix Apple Watch activity not sharing data correctly with my phone I find it easiest to first reboot both devices.
First, I turn the Apple Watch to Airplane Mode so that it can completely disconnect from the iPhone. Once it has disconnected, I turn the Apple Watch off.
Next, I turn my iPhone off.
Once both devices have been turned off, I turn them back on and connect my watch to my iPhone again.
Usually, after both the iPhone and Apple Watch are connected again, the app automatically syncs with all the latest information showing synched on both devices.
Hopefully, that easy step will fix Apple Watch activity disconnect and you are good to go.
If not, I have another method you can try.
Another Method For Syncing Activity App and Apple Watch
If it doesn’t work to turn off both devices completely, you can try this method of getting your data to get on the same page:
- Go on your Watch app, go to Activity > Progress Update > switch to None
- Restart your iPhone
- Turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back on
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Tracking Steps or Movements
I have noticed that the Activity app sometime won’t track my steps correctly and other fitness activities that I’m involved in aren’t adding in any activity.
If you find yourself not able to get the correct activity data or the activity tracker has just stopped working altogether, some of the tips below may help.
There are multiple ways to troubleshoot this issue on your Apple Watch.
Make sure the following features are enabled:
- Open the Settings app > Privacy > Motion & Fitness > Turn on Fitness Tracking and Health (do the same with your watch)
- On the same Privacy page, tap on Location Services > System Services > enable Calibration & Distance
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone > My Watch > Wrist Detection and turn it on if you haven’t done so
Those are a few things that I found useful when it comes to fixing the Activity tracker on my Apple Watch.
I also suggest trying out some basic solutions such as restarting your device, hard resetting, and unpair/re-pair. Things like that can also help.
Related Posts You May Enjoy:
- How to pair or re-pair your Apple Watch and iPhone
- How to use your Apple Watch when playing Pokemon Go
- How to best track your sleep with the Apple Watch
Activity Awards Are Not Updating or Showing
Are you a fan of the activity awards you can earn for things like longest move streak, weekly move, stand and exercise awards?
Recently I’ve noticed that some of my activity awards are completely missing from the Activity App and it’s super frustrating.
Turns out, I’m not the only one who has been wondering where their activity awards have disappeared to.
How To Make Activity Awards Appear
The solution to this common problem is actually rather simple, even though it is rather extreme for the circumstances :/
In order to get your awards back, you will need to re-pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone. It may take up to a half an hour to get it back, but once the re-pair has completed your awards should be back!
If that doesn’t fix it, try rebooting your iPhone in addition to the re-pair.
Still not what you are looking for?
Everything else works except for Activity Sharing? Here’s the tutorial you’ve been looking for.