Question from Ike: My iPhone contacts are not staying synced with my Apple Watch. I have done the recent watchOS update, and I have also done the reset and pair again. Any ideas why the watch keeps “unsycing” and not recognizing contacts? This is a brand new 3-month-old Apple Watch. Please help.
Occasionally, the contact list on your iPhone may just disappear from your Apple Watch due to unknown reasons. Below are some possible solutions to fix the contacts syncing issue.
Solution #1: Restart your Apple Watch
To restart your Apple Watch, do this:
- Press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider popup
- Swipe the slider to the right entirely
- To turn it back on, just press and hold the side button again
When you start seeing the Apple logo, let go of it. If the watch isn’t responding, force restart it.
Solution #2: Check for Connectivity
If your iPhone contacts are not showing on your Apple Watch at all, it might be that both devices are not connected to each other. To double check, access the Settings glance by swiping up on the watch face. Look for the word Connected with a green phone icon. If you have Airplane Mode enabled on your watch, be sure to disable it.
Solution #3: Reset Sync Data
And here it comes, our last solution to this problem. At this point, I guess that nothing has helped you. But don’t worry because we got one more workaround to try.
- Go on your iPhone, go to the Watch app
- Tap on My Watch > General > Reset
- Choose Reset Sync Data.
You won’t see any changes, but don’t do anything yet. The operation is running in the background so wait patiently. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
Solution #4: Fix Contact Profile Photos Disappear from Apple Watch
- Login to the iCloud on your computer
- Check that your Contacts have sync to iCloud, if not, allow it to do so
- On iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Turn off Contacts and delete them from iPhone
- Now turn both devices off and turn on your iPhone first
- Once your Apple Watch and iPhone are turned back On, go to the iCloud options again and toggle On for Contacts
All you have to do now is wait for the two devices to reconnect and let the data sync up.
Apple Watch Users with Similar Issues…